Monday, December 7, 2009

Using my social circle

First of all,

thank you for all the supportive commentary;)

Now let's get back to today. I don't want to give any names, so i'm gonna use my best friends from math class, X and Y:)
So...
Today i got introduced to Mr. X through my dear cousin. Mr. X is the executive chef and director of company Y. He actually controls all the restaurants and other dining places in a huge facility. How cool is that?!?!:D His office is filled with awards, certificates and most importantly all kinds of ingredients, cookies, utencils, etc., which was all so hilarious since it's an executive office.

Anyways, we had a nice chat, accompanied by chinese food. Learned a lot. I learned that the school i applied to is actually a real good one. More importantly, i learned that even if i didn't get the scholarship for it, i could still learn all the technique and the way things work by simply working in bakeries, pastry shops... As you can imagine, it was such a relief to know this, so i won't have to kill myself if i don't get the scholarship, haha:P

Yet, there's one thing that still causes me to hesitate. Apparently, the certificate that i would get is not really important for Turkey, since we are suchhh a strictly structured country NOT:) But....All the experience i will collect will mean nada outside Turkey. NEED city&guilds if you want out?!?!


My plan is:
I'm still forcing for full scholarship on my interview on wednesday. If - hopefully WHEN- i get it, i will go to the academy while working part-time in a bakery. Pumping up a whole lot of information and experience. But, if the academy doesn't happen, then i'll start working right away. And after a while if i think the academy is absolutely necessary, they i'll somehow raise the money for the next semester. How 'bout that?!




PS: We all know that change of environment is good for developing yourself in every sector. What i've learned from MR. X, though, is that in this sector it should be much more frequent, compared to others. I should be jumping from one bakery to another every 3 to 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment